Understand the principles of modern procurement leadership in six short online sessions …. with Jonathan Dutton FCIPS
This programme addresses the most important questions facing modern procurement leaders. It is split into six segments and coaches participants through a strategic perspective on the key challenges facing procurement teams today whether large or small, direct or indirect.
Key themes in the programme:
- Addresses directly the major questions facing the procurement profession today,
- Looks at genuinely strategic solutions to these issues,
- Considers how Procurement responded to the Covid-19 crisis and the lessons it offers,
- Understands why sourcing from Australia is more difficult,
- Takes a glimpse at the sales professional’s view of buyers, and why it matters,
- Considers how Procurement can align with your Marketing strategy – a unique element
By the end of the workshops you will:
- Understand the context & complexity within which modern strategic procurement has to deliver and meet stakeholder needs
- Determine quickly the difference between procurement leadership and management
- Grasp thoroughly the essentials and the process of a strategic approach to procurement
- Confidently manage suppliers and colleagues through a more strategic procurement process
- Utilise a core range of strategic procurement tools and techniques
- Develop the true role of procurement for your organisation and take a more strategic and balanced approach that is right for your organisation …
This workshop includes recent eclectic contributions to international thought leadership in the profession fused with established procurement theory and real-life examples from over 15 case studies.
Throughout the programme, you can compare a genuinely strategic approach
to a developed but still transactional procurement effort by the end of the workshop.
Participants will gain a thorough vision of what STRATEGIC procurement looks like today in leading organisations, through the lens of many sample best practices harvested from all around the world, and some of the worst practices as well.
Programme Structure over six sessions
- Leadership in Procurement today …
- Crisis Management – and Post Covid-19 priorities
- The modern evolving role for Procurement
- Contract management & SRM as an opportunity
- Understanding your supply chains
- Driving competitive advantage from the supply side
- FREE white-paper – ‘The 7 Challenges facing Procurement post- Covid19’
- FREE White-paper – ‘Category Management is the NEW BLACK’
- Over 15 real case studies
- PDF copy of over 250 detailed slides, handouts, article links, plus ….
- Breakout sessions, six videos, polling facility, virtual white-board using mural.com & group discussions
- PASA Certificate of Attendance
This online Procurement Leadership Programme runs in six short online sessions, each for three hours, over alternate days during two-week period starting 21st September, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning [0930-1230 AEST]
The programme is hosted ONLINE personally by Jonathan Dutton FCIPS, from Melbourne, using ZOOM PRO. Participants will need to be able to dial-in to ZOOM and receive e-mails with PDF attachments.
This programme is designed for experienced procurement managers working to take their next step into a leadership role as well as experienced category managers, analysts and practising procurement professionals. It offers an intermediate level training & coaching approach to help you take the next step from transactional procurement to a more strategic approach.
The online leadership programme is fundamentally based upon the successful JD two-day strategic procurement workshop which has run successfully over 40 times across Australia, New Zealand and in five other countries in the last five years or so, and privately for a number of organisations including Aldi, GM Holden, Fisher & Paykel, DFAT, VIC Govt and SA Health amongst others. Indeed, past participants of the two-day classroom ‘Strategic Procurement Masterclass’ will notice a large degree of overlap; despite the fact that much of this ONLINE progamme is new and other content is substantially revised, updated and re-contextualised.
Jonathan Dutton has developed and delivered training courses throughout his career of over 35 years. Particularly he has developed & delivered innovative and leading edge material for both procurement professionals and sales teams alike – sometimes both at the same time such as ‘The Training Sales Simulator’ he developed for the QANTAS sales team in the 1990s.
Also, Jonathan devised, planned and launched from scratch the CIPSA Training business whilst he was working there between 2004-13 – a business delivering over 250 training days a year at its peak, as the largest provider of public training in procurement in Australia. Also, whilst he was COO of CIM in the UK, he ran the CIM training business – which was around the 25th largest training company in the UK at the time. In Australia, in the early 1990s, he developed and produced a world class training programme for the Qantas sales team; some of this work was based upon the British Airways in-house programme …
Since 2013, Jonathan has personally developed and delivered several training programmes for over 600 attendees in total. These programmes include private training programmes for organisations such as Holden, DFAT, Victorian Government, Fisher & Paykel and others. In addition, public programmes have been ‘retailed’ throughout Australia and New Zealand by specialist learning providers including PASA, Konnect Learning and Marcus Evans, and overseas principally by Zenith, then FDB.
By far the most successful programme so far is the two-day STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT MASTERCLASS for middle managers. Attendees have included executives from organisations such as Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Telstra, Novartis, Foxtel, Vic Government, Petronas, Oil Search, Bluescope, EY, PWC and many others – some listed aside.
JD has gained a reputation for engaging presentation work built on real substance and great content, using a wealth of real examples and case studies, delivered in a vibrant, informative and entertaining way with rich content, real passion and gentle humour.