This two-day strategic procurement workshop has run successfully over 30 times across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia since late 2013.
27th to 30th July | 9.00am to 1.00pm AEDT (9.00am to 1.00pm AEDT)
10th & 11th November | 9.00am to 5.00pm AEDT (Sydney CBD – physical course)
Targeted at procurement managers, senior category managers, analysts and experienced procurement professionals, this programme offers intermediate training to help take the next step from transactional procurement to a more strategic approach.
Key themes in the programme:
- Addresses directly the major questions facing the procurement profession today,
- Looks at genuinely strategic solutions to these issues,
- Considers how Procurement responded to the Covid-19 crisis and the lessons it offers,
- Understands why sourcing from Australia is more difficult,
- Takes a glimpse at the sales professional’s view of buyers, and why it matters,
- Considers how Procurement can align with your Marketing strategy – a unique element
This workshop includes very recent eclectic contributions to international thought leadership in the profession fused with established procurement theory and real-life examples from over 15 case studies.
Participants will gain a thorough vision of what STRATEGIC procurement looks like today in leading organisations, through the lens of many sample best practices harvested from all around the world, and some of the worst practices as well.
Throughout the programme, you can compare a genuinely strategic approach to a developed but still transactional procurement effort by the end of the workshop.
It is perfect for procurement managers looking to get more strategic in their perspective on our profession, for experienced category managers getting ready to move up, bright young things looking to learn quickly about procurement as well as seasoned procurement professionals getting ready for their next step.
By the end of the two-day workshop you will:
- Understand the context & complexity within which modern strategic procurement has to deliver and meet stakeholder needs
- Determine quickly the difference between procurement leadership and management
- Grasp thoroughly the essentials and the mindset of a strategic approach to procurement
- Confidently manage suppliers and colleagues through a more strategic procurement process
- Utilise a core range of strategic procurement tools and techniques
- Develop the true role of procurement for your organisation and take a more strategic and balanced approach that is right for your organisation ….
Building Strategic Capability
This is a real opportunity, and a surprisingly rare one in a crowded training market, to genuinely uplift your strategic thinking capability in a procurement context. Delegates will leave this workshop with practical tools and techniques that enable them to begin practicing a more strategic approach to procurement immediately, and with a new perspective on how to deliver genuinely strategic procurement relevant to your organisations marketing strategy.
EIGHT Key Sections
Through presentation, discussion, exercises, group interaction and practical approaches we will cover EIGHT key sections during the two-days, starting with a pre-amble on Procurement Leadership and then cover:
- Procurement leadership the business context for procurement
- The role of modern procurement and supply management
- Opportunity analysis
- Market analysis
- Category Management
- Market management insight
- Integrating procurement & supply chain management
- Contract management & SRM and competitive advantage from the supply side
Standard Price: $1950 + GST
PASA Connect Member: $1625 + GST
Meet the Presenter – Jonathan Dutton FCIPS FCIM |CEO,PASA
Jonathan Dutton has developed and delivered training courses throughout his career of over 30 years. Particularly he has developed & delivered innovative and leading edge material for both procurement professionals and sales teams alike - sometimes both at the same time such as 'The Training Sales Simulator' he developed for the QANTAS sales team in the 1990s.
Also, Jonathan devised, planned and launched from scratch the CIPSA Training business whilst he was working there between 2004-13 - a business delivering over 250 training days a year at its peak, as the largest provider of public training in procurement in Australia. Whilst he was COO of CIM in the UK, he ran the CIM training business - which was around the 25th largest training company in the UK at the time. In Australia, in the early 1990s, he developed and produced a world class training programme for the Qantas sales team; some of this work was based upon the British Airways in-house programme ...
Since 2013, Jonathan has personally developed and delivered several training programmes for over 300 attendees in total. These programmes include private training programmes for organisations such as Holden, DFAT, Victorian Government, Fisher & Paykel and others. In addition, public programmes have been 'retailed' throughout Australia and New Zealand by specialist learning providers including PASA, Konnect Learning and now MAJOR Training. Overseas principally by Zenith.
By far the most successful programme is the two-day STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT workshop (detailed above) for middle managers. Attendees have included executives from organisations such as Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Telstra, Novartis, Foxtel, Vic Government, Petronas, Oil Search, Bluescope, EY, PWC and many others.
JD has gained a reputation for engaging presentation work built on real substance and great content, using a wealth of real examples and case studies, delivered in a vibrant, informative and entertaining way.
Standard two day training rate: $1950 + GST (AUD)
PASA Connect Member: $1625 + GST (AUD)
Previous Attendees have included executives from organisations such as;
Air New Zealand, Asciano, Ballance ND, Bethanie Group, BHP Billiton, Bluescope, Bureau Veritas, CBA, Dept of Defence, Dept of Health NSW, DFAT, EMC, EY, Fisher & Paykel, Foxtel, Genea, Jemena, LGP NSW, Lindt, Monash University, Newcastle Bldg Society, Novartis, Nufarm, Oil Search, Parmalat, Petronas, Primary Care Network, PWC, Ramsay Health, Rheem, Rio Tinto, SITA, Sydney Catchment, Sydney Trains, TAL, TNT Australia, VIC Govt DEECD, Wilmar Sugar, Yan Coal ... and many others.