16th to 23rd August | 6 x 90 minutes (ONLINE)
A highly interactive online learning program commencing August 2020 bringing clarity to your communications.
“As soon as you move one step up from the bottom, your effectiveness depends on your ability to reach others through the spoken and written word.”
THE IMPORTANCE of GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS
It is commonly accepted these days that the skills that differentiate the most successful procurement professionals from the also-rans are those labelled ‘soft skills’. Of the soft skills, the ability to communicate information accurately, clearly and as intended, is perhaps the most important. In a 2016 LinkedIn survey communication topped the list of the most sought-after soft skills among employers.
Conversely, friction, frustration, confusion and delays are just some of the outcomes of poor communication. These in turn impact productivity, the working environment and your future prospects.
COMMUNICATE WITH CLARITY
As a procurement professional you communicate in many ways, through many different channels, and with many different types of stakeholder. Improving your communication skills is far more than just ‘learning to write’, or ‘learning to prepare a pack’. It is about identifying the issues at stake and using a clear, simple, repeatable framework for addressing them in any form, in person, on screen, or on paper.
The Clarity First program is grounded in a powerful methodology, builds practical skills and is designed to suit your context and needs. It will lift your communication skills to a whole new level.
The Clarity First program helps you move from ‘I get the idea’ to ‘I can do it’, in three stages:
1. Learning:This program introduces structured communication techniques
2. Reinforcing:We then work with you during interactive and practical workshops to answer questions, build on your experience and deepen your understanding of how storylines work in your setting
3. Consolidating: We then consolidate your experience through three 90-minute online group coaching sessions
The program is delivered over six x 90 minute sessions and comprises:
Module 1 – Designing your Strategy – 2 x 90 minute sessions
- Workshop 1
- Working session 1
Module 2 – Developing your Storyline – 2 x 90 minute sessions
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
Module 3 – Delivering your Communication – 2 x 90 minute sessions
- Working session 2
- Workshop 4
TRANSFORM YOUR COMMUNICATION and YOUR CAREER
Program participants see significant shifts in their ability to engage others in their messages.
Participants are routinely surprised at how much faster people respond to their emails, how fewer pages lead to faster and better decisions and how many fewer fires they fight.
Here are some specific examples from past participants:
- Stefan, a data analyst cut his PowerPoint from 50 pages to just 2, which his manager loved
- A project management team at a Telco went from taking 15 hours to prepare for their Steering Committee meetings which were lengthy and often led to no decision, to 2 hours preparation and 15-minute meetings resulting in fast decisions
- Rebecca, a team leader at an infrastructure company cut the time her team was spending to prepare their board papers by 60%
Learn from Davina Stanley, MD Clarity Thought Partners
Davina Stanley helps professionals get faster approvals by communicating complex ideas clearly.
Davina’s clients learn structured communication techniques that offer a ‘go to’ process every time they communicate, including when they
- Lead their teams through setting clear context, expectations and deliverables
- Seek endorsements from senior executives and boards
- Serve their clients
Davina’s clients gain advantage from her innovative and rigorous skill-building programs.
Her clients also benefit from her top-tier experience. She began helping others use structured communication techniques when she joined McKinsey’s Hong Kong office in 1996.
Since then she has helped professionals from graduates to the C-suite across most industry sectors in Australia and overseas.