Two Day Certification Workshop LAP1 – SYDNEY
21st & 22nd July 2020
Karstens, 111 Harrington Street, Sydney
Two Day Certification Workshop LAP1 – AUCKLAND
28th & 29th July 2020 TBC
Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street West, Auckland
Following on from the very successful Lean-Agile Procurement Certification Workshops conducted in September 2019, we are delighted to welcome the founder of the lean-agile procurement (LAP) movement back to the region for two more workshops. The September 2019 workshops sold out, so if you are keen to attend and learn more about how to apply agile practices to procurement, don’t delay your registration. You may miss out!
The workshops will again be facilitated by Mirko Kleiner, Founder of the Lean-Agile Procurement movement, Thought Leader in Lean-Agile Procurement, CIPS Award Winner 2018, international Speaker, Author, President of LAP Alliance, co-founder flowdays, Agile Enterprise Coach, Certified Scrum@Scale Trainer
The World is Moving Faster – Procurement needs to get ‘agile’
Organisations are increasingly recognising that to get ahead (or remain competitive) they need to be faster and more flexible. To achieve this many organisations are adopting, or exploring, the use of agile methodologies, with some going the whole hog and conducting organisation-wide agile transformations.
But what does this mean for procurement?
And how can procurement become agile?
By attending this workshop you will:
- Understand what agile and lean-agile procurement are and when they would be applicable
- Learn how to use and leverage hands-on agile techniques to conduct more effective procurement
- Become more competitive by significantly reducing procurement timeframes
- Qualify as a Certified Lean-Agile Procurement (LAP) specialist (Credential 1), with a one-year membership in the LAP community
What is included in the workshop
Over two days Mirko will lead you in group activities and exercises that will open your mind, enlighten you, and teach you new ways to conduct complex procurements. Among the topics you will learn about are:
- Understanding how business has changed, bringing greater complexity and a need for speed
- What is ‘agile’?
- What are the benefits of agile?
- Why is agile seen as the answer to dealing with complexity?
- Traditional procurement – How do we source today and what are current pain-points?
- How you assess the advantages and disadvantages of common/traditional procurement methods in your partner ecosystem.
- Using a new model to segment spend and determine when it would be applicable to source using use Lean Agile Procurement –
- Introduction to the Lean Procurement Canvas
- Building your own case study using the canvas
- The Four Steps of the Lean Agile Procurement process
While Mirko illustrates some points using case study examples, most of the learning from the workshop comes through you experiencing hands-on exercises that really drive home the why and how of what Lean Agile Procurement is all about.
By the end of the workshop, you will have completed the Lean-agile Procurement Canvas using your own real-world scenarios, providing you with the capability to apply it to other cases when you return to your office.
Who should attend
The workshop is designed for an interdisciplinary audience of procurement, sales, management, innovation, business delivery, and more.