The World is Moving Faster – Procurement needs to get ‘agile’
Organisations are increasingly recognising that to get ahead (or remain competitive) they need to be faster and more flexible. While this trend already had good momentum, the COVID 19 crisis has seen the need for speed and innovation supercharged.
To achieve these goals many organisations are adopting, or exploring, agile.
But what does this mean for procurement?
And how can procurement become agile?
By attending this workshop you will:
- Understand what agile and lean-agile procurement are and when they would be applicable
- Learn how to use and leverage hands-on agile techniques to conduct more effective procurement
- Become more competitive by significantly reducing procurement timeframes and driving greater innovation
- Qualify as a Certified Lean-Agile Procurement (LAP) specialist (Credential 1), with a one-year membership in the LAP community
Workshop Leader – Mirko Kleiner
The workshops will be facilitated by Mirko Kleiner, Founder of the Lean-Agile Procurement movement, Thought Leader in Lean-Agile Procurement, CIPS Award Winner 2018, international Speaker, Author, President of LAP Alliance, co-founder flowdays, Agile Enterprise Coach, Certified Scrum@Scale Trainer. Mirko is based in Zurich, Switzerland.
What is included in the workshop
Participate in group activities and exercises that will open your mind, enlighten you, and teach you new ways to conduct complex procurements. Among the topics you will learn about are:
- Understanding how business has changed, bringing greater complexity and a need for speed
- What is ‘agile’?
- What are the benefits of agile?
- Why is agile seen as the answer to dealing with complexity?
- Traditional procurement – How do we source today and what are current pain-points?
- How you assess the advantages and disadvantages of common/traditional procurement methods in your partner ecosystem.
- Using a new model to segment spend and determine when it would be applicable to source using use Lean Agile Procurement –
- Introduction to the Lean Procurement Canvas
- Building your own case study using the canvas
- The Four Steps of the Lean Agile Procurement process
While Mirko illustrates some points using case study examples, most of the learning from the workshop comes through you experiencing hands-on exercises that really drive home the why and how of what Lean Agile Procurement is all about.
By the end of the workshop, you will have completed the Lean-agile Procurement Canvas using your own real-world scenarios, providing you with the capability to apply it to other cases when you return to your office.
Who should attend
The workshop is designed for an interdisciplinary audience of procurement, sales, management, innovation, business delivery, and more.
Due to travel Covid 19 related travel restrictions, Mirko Kleiner has redeveloped the certification workshop to deliver it virtually. The workshop is conducted using Zoom and mural.co. Mural is an online collaboration tool that provides a virtual whiteboard that enables a high level of interaction for the trainers and participants. The virtual workshop has already been delivered in Europe, receiving a 9 out of 10 rating from attendees.
The virtual workshop will run over four part-days, instead of the two full days for the physical session. This will be:
Day 1 – 1 hour introduction session
Days 2, 3 & 4 – 4 hour sessions
If you have any queries regarding the course please contact: