As the buzz around automation slowly trickles down to become
tangible changes, it’s becoming clearer how the future of
automation is going to play out. Specifically, we’re getting a
clearer picture of the challenges which Heads of Procurement
will find themselves up against in the increasingly advanced
world of automation.
In Q3 of 2019 WBR Insights surveyed 100 Chief Procurement
Officers from across Europe to find out more about the
challenges they’re facing and the innovative solutions being
brought to the table.
Some of the key findings include:
- Cost reduction was reported to be one of the biggest benefit of digitalisation by 43 per cent
- 45 per cent of Heads of Procurement surveyed said they have trouble securing the budget for procurement automation
- Easy integration was the clear priority for 35 per cent of respondents when exploring new procurement solutions
- More than half of Heads of Procurement surveyed are currently automating contract management
- 77 per cent have difficulty leveraging a supplier’s past performance during negotiations
The results were compiled and anonymised by WBR Insights
and are presented with analysis and commentary by
Icertis, OpusCapita, and the ProcureCon community.
Download the full report here.