Navigating the future of work
PwC highlights that we are living through a fundamental transformation in the way we work.
The key point is how quickly business and HR leaders can gauge and respond to the implications and prepare their organisations for the future. Organisations need a strong workforce strategy that helps them take action today to prepare for tomorrow’s work, workforces and workplace.
How effective is your company’s workforce strategy today and how well are you prepared for the future of work? How are you planning for an uncertain future? How do your decisions on technology, automation and artificial intelligence impact your workforce? What changes are required in your People/HR practices today to enable them to be future proofed tomorrow? How well prepared are you when compared to others in your industry or geography? These are just some of the questions organisations are asking today as the develop a multi-stakeholder future of world narrative.
To answer these questions, PwC has developed a diagnostic and maturity model, informed by research and extensive experience in designing and implementing future workforce strategies. The PwC model assesses preparedness in four distinct areas:
- Planning – How effective is today’s planning process? How do you integrate business financial and workforce planning processes? How will your workforce mix change based on new technologies, sourcing models or location strategy?
- Purpose – How are you making working decisions that are aligned with your stated purpose and values? How are you managing fear and anxiety associated with your technology and automation strategy?
- Talent – Are you making the right investments in today’s talent programs in order to future-proof your business? Does your employer brand attract the right talent? Are your reskilling investments building the right mix of management and digital skills? Do your diversity, wellbeing and rewards programs meet the needs of tomorrow’s workforce?
- Technology – Are your technology investments being optimised to drive the right digital employee experience and level of productivity?
- Find out more on PwC’s website here.