MRO for Procurement, 20 & 21 September 2018, The Stamford Plaza, Brisbane
While on day one this conference addresses fundamental questions around the business case for managing MRO, who should be responsible for it, the role of technology in MRO management, and the need for agility and strong change management skills day two focusses on the practicalities of building a ‘best-in-class’ MRO strategy.
You can check out the full day one programme here, but below is a brief spotlight on the day two practical workshop.
Building a Best in Class MRO Strategy – Extended, Practical Workshop
By Phillip Slater Spare Parts Inventory Management Specialist & Founder SparePartsKnowHow.com
Putting in place a best in class MRO and spare parts management strategy doesn’t have to be as difficult as it seems – just as long as you know how.
In this one-day workshop, Phillip Slater will show you exactly what is required to implement a best in class MRO and spare parts management strategy.
By attending this workshop, you will learn:
- Why spare parts are different to other types of inventory
- The standard inventory management techniques that just don’t work with MRO and spare parts
- The five best practices that have been shown to make a demonstrable difference to spare parts management outcomes
- The difference between critical equipment and critical spare parts How to identify critical spare parts based on both operational and machine criticality
- How to use a criticality matrix to determine holding requirements
- How to determine which critical spare parts you really need to stock (and which ones you don’t)
- How to set the Re-order Point (ROP) and Re-Order Quantity (ROQ) without expensive software, using techniques that can be applied by anyone, at any time
The workshop will be interactive with case studies, worked examples and plenty of time for your questions.
At the end of this session you will know:
- What to focus on to make the greatest gains in performance
- How to identify critical spare parts and how to manage them
- How to set your ROP without extensive data analysis
- How to set your ROQ using logic and a little know-how
By attending this workshop, you will learn everything that you need to know to develop and implement a best in class MRO and spare parts management strategy.
Click here to register