“The collective body of knowledge of procurement professionals is an extremely powerful resource. PASA Connect enables its members to effectively access and use that resource.”
Nigel Wardropper, Managing Director, PASA
At a recent PASA Connect CPO round table, Brett Burley, Director Finance (ANZ) at Phillip Morris International, joined the group for a while to discuss the finance-procurement relationship. However, he became increasingly interested in the PASA Connect model of bringing procurement professionals together for peer-to-peer learning.
During the discussion he made the observation that:
“Peer learning is the best form of teaching”
Peer-to-peer learning enables participants to explore their current challenges and see how others have tackled similar issues, it enables an organisation or individual to benchmark themselves against their peers, and provides shortcuts to obtaining crucial, current and relevant, information.
What is PASA Connect?
An affordable networking, learning and development initiative that brings procurement professionals together for both peer-to-peer and expert-led learning that is:
- Relevant – the schedule and session agenda are specified by members & driven by their real-time needs
- Broad – With over 50 sessions in each participating city each year, there are many up to date procurement topics and subject areas offered.
- Focussed – Sessions of between 2-3 hours mean your time is well used on each niche topic but time-out-of-the-office is minimised – just like attending an external meeting
- Local – Round-tables are held in your own city, or from your own desk in ‘virtual’ round-tables, negating travel time and money
- Inclusive –PASA CONNECT is designed for participation by the WHOLE TEAM, not just the favoured few, nor just the CPO
- Affordable – With training budgets under pressure, PASA CONNECT offers a low-cost fixed annual cost for as many sessions as you wish to attend in any city – making your budget stretch further and cover every member of your team
PASA Connect is currently available in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Auckland. See many of the existing members at the bottom of the home page at: http://pasaconnect.com
If you are considering your training and development needs for 2018-19 then you should at the very least consider PASA Connect as part of the mix. Ditch any pre-conceptions you might have and contact us to find out more.