Research Reveals Key To Employee Benefits

0

Author: PASA

Fifty-nine per cent of Australians would like a job offering more than 20 days of annual leave, while 55% would like a day off work for their birthday, according to recruiting experts Hays.

Of the 1,118 people surveyed on the topic of employee benefits, 29% currently receive more than 20 days of annual leave and just 6% receive a day off for their birthday.

The most common benefit of all is flexible working, which 70% of people presently receive. Of the remaining 30% who do not currently receive flexible work practices, 24% want to and the final 6% are not interested in receiving this benefit.

“A cautious approach to salary increases prevails, triggering a much greater focus from employees on the benefits available to them in their current or potential new role,” says Nick Deligiannis, Managing Director of Hays in Australia & New Zealand.

“Employees want benefits that are relevant and add value since salary increases are sedate. With headcounts increasing, employers also need to review the benefits on offer as part of their attraction and retention strategy,” he said.

The survey also found:
• 37% currently receive access to health and wellness programs, 44% don’t but would like to and 19% don’t and are not interested in receiving this benefit;

• 29% receive financial support for study, 38% would like to and 33% are not interested in it;

• 24% receive payment for their own device usage charges at work, 37% would like to, and 39% are not interested in this;

• 58% receive ongoing learning & development, 35% would like to, and just 7% are not interested in it;

• 20% receive free or subsidised food, 34% would like to and 46% are not interested in it;

• 1% can currently access onsite childcare, 29% would like to and 70% don’t and are not interested in it.

Get your copy of the 2017 Hays Salary Guide by visiting www.hays.com.au/salary or contacting your local Hays.

“Unlocking Value through Collaboration” is of course the theme for the 5th Annual PASA Premier ConfeX on 11th & 12th October 2017 at Crown Promenade Melbourne. The programme is packed with case studies and practical advice on how to work more collaboratively. Check out the programme here.

 

About Author

Procurement and Supply Australasia (PASA) is the leading provider of information and education to procurement and supply professionals throughout Australia and New Zealand. PASA supports the largest community of engaged procurement stakeholders in the region, through its renowned series of events, publications, awards, plus various community and network building activities. PASA is a trading name of BTTB Marketing, for many years recognised as the leading producer of conferences and events for the procurement profession in Australia and New Zealand. Whether producing under the BTTB, CIPSA Conferences or now PASA brands over the last ten years, our events have consistently led the market in terms of both educational and networking opportunities.

Leave A Reply