Procurement automation or digitisation are high on the agenda for many procurement functions.
The 6th Annual PASA ProcureTECH conference is on 20th & 21st February 2019 at the Bayview Eden Hotel, Melbourne. PASA’s ProcureTECH is the only event in the region specifically focussed on procurement enabling technologies, combining the opportunity to view a wide range of solutions in the technology showcase with an educational programme tackling the key challenges faced by procurement leaders in choosing, implementing and delivering results through adopting new technology.
So what are the challenges facing procurement when it comes to procurement enabling technology? We have a number of ideas, some of which are listed below, but we would also like to hear from you if you have particular challenges or issues that you would like to see addressed, and in particular if you feel you could contribute to the programme with your expertise.
In particular we would like to hear from procurement practitioners who have a story to tell in relation to procurement technology that would be of interest to their peers, either as presenters or panellists.
Our focus in developing the programme for ProcureTECH 2019 is that the educational seminars should provide real, practical advice to assist procurement teams to make the right decisions through all stages of the cycle, from selecting the right solution to delivering and measuring tangible results. Some of the challenges and issues that spring to mind are:
- What business problem am I trying to solve?
- How do we practically make the business case for a technology solution? What sort of ROI should we expect, and within what timeframe?
- What does what? What solutions are out there, what do they do and what problems are they helping to solve?
- What types of solution are likely to generate the ‘biggest bang for your buck’?
- ‘End-to-end solution’ or ‘Best in class for a specific purpose’ – what is right for you?
- What features and benefits should I bel looking for in particular types of solution?
- Integration – API’s have come on in leaps and bounds, but what are the real issues with integrating procurement specific solutions into broader enterprise solutions?
- What priorities should we be focussing on in terms of selecting the most appropriate solution in each of the different categories of solution?
- How do we plan to ensure a smooth implementation?
- How do we drive adoption by the people who have to use the solution?
- How do we measure the benefits delivered after we have adopted a solution?
And looking to the future
- AI (artificial intelligence) and RPA (robotic process automation) – still a pipedream, or a reality?
- Blockchain – What are the different ways that blockchain might impact on procurement and supply? Is it here already or still way out in the future?
And I am sure that there are many more. If you are a procurement practitioner, adviser or technology vendor and have suggestions for other challenges or issues that you would like to see addressed, or if you would like to contribute yourself to the programme (or suggest somebody else), then I would love to hear from you.
Please contact: Nigel Wardropper at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Solutions Vendors
If there is one event in the PASA conference calendar that you should not miss, it is ProcureTECH. The vast majority of procurement delegates attend under the hosted buyer programme, whereby they commit to scheduling a minimum number of meetings with sponsor and exhibitor solutions vendors. Given that they are almost all at some stage in identifying and sourcing appropriate solutions, they are usually more than happy to do these meetings. This presents a unique business development opportunity for solutions vendors.
To find out how you can sponsor or exhibit please contact Vanessa Preece at email@example.com